Monday, May 28, 2007

Like Father, Like Daughter

Often, Tessa imitates Dusty in how he is standing, what he's doing with his hands, etc. This is how it looks when he goes to look at a dhow boat on the lake or search for an airplane flying overhead. I'm constantly amused when I watch her imitating him, and he doesn't even realize it.

When I was 9 months pregnant with Jack, she used to shuffle around the floor with her head thrown back, back arched and arms out to the side. It took me a while to realize what she was doing. Even now, if we say "walk like Mama," she does the prego-shuffle. Hilarious! Did I really walk like that?

She also imitates Jack's movements and noises. But I think it's more to get attention and to remind us that she's still our baby too.

Now if I can only get her to imitate perfect Swahili, and then teach me!

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Katherine is also and imitator. Tonight I laid on the floor and she laid beside me. She has been carrying a phone to her ear and strolling around with any kind of bag over her shoulder for a long time. They watch our every move which is such a challenge to make sure all of my actions are worth imitation.