Saturday, May 12, 2007

Introduction to Spit-Up 101


Wow! Yes, she's a cutie, but this morning she gave me a rather severe introduction into the reality of "spit-up," which prior to now I had thought was the white drooly gelatinous liquid frequently emanating from Jack's mouth. WRONG.

When I went to wake Tessa this morning, she informed me, "Tessa spit-up!" Uh, yeah, right. She had vomited copious amounts of chunky tummy contents over her cheek, mouth, ear, hair, PJs, quilt, sheet, and the Very Important Blankie and Bunny.

Dusty picked the best time to be on a work trip as successfully as he picked his fantasy baseball team.

Fortunately, she's as happy as a lark, with no fever. After changing ALL the bedding, Blankie and Bunny had baths, I washed her hair (inducing tears), and now we're right as rain.

But I have to tell myself that I can't complain since this is the first major vomit experience (of many in upcoming years I presume) in her 2 years. I have a whole new appreciation for the good old Jack kind of spit-up now. Remind me next time I complain about frequent white drooly gelatinous liquid.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Can I just say that you are LUCKY that this was hers and your first experience with copious amounts of vomit! Andrew has only had a few in his 2 years, but they are so GROSS everytime! The one rotavirus experience we've had was the worst. But I think it beats diarrhea anyday!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

This past November we had a stomach bug go through our family. It started with me. A miserable night of vomiting. A few days later Sam. We both got over it and went to his in-laws for Thanksgiving. Apparently we still had the germs and gave it to 4 others. Ten days after I had it, Katherine threw up ALL OVER ME! It was horrible. There was no way to get either of our clothes changed without getting it all in our hair. Luckily it only happened once and she seemed not to mind at all. Good thing I love her so much.

Rich and Jen said...

Blech! Definitely NOT looking forward to the copious chunky vomit years! :oP

Cathy said...

When Stephanie was a toddler, she threw up popcorn and other sundry chunks all over Tom in the middle of a movie at the theater. Needless to say, we missed the rest of the movie. Tom drove home in his underwear as he could not stand having that vomit all over him during the ride home. This too shall pass.

Kim Hill said...

Awful! All vomit is awful. She's done it three times now - lots of laundry and bed changes. But so far, none on us, and she's still happy. We got a great chuckle from imagining Tom driving in his underpants!