Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ants in the Pants


In the effort to reduce crankiness in our children, I am constantly on the prowl for "ants in the pants" - literally. While the diapers are hanging on the line (photo), the ants take a strong liking to them. Why? Well, with hand washing they don't exactly have that "Downy Fresh" scent out here. I am always flicking the dudu (bugs - nice translation, eh?) off so they won't end up on the kids' backsides. Ouch!

With the rain, laundry is a challenge these days. Last night I was up at 1am unlocking padlocks and deadbolts bleary-eyed and rushing outside by the light of my headlamp to pull off the laundry because it had begun to rain. It has taken this particular load a full two days to dry because it's on and off again with rain. Great for the flowers, but not so great at 1am.

When we come home for furlough, we'll have to teach Tessa the word "bugs" so she's not grossing out the other kids when she says something like, "kiss the dudu" as she did the other night. Don't worry: I stopped her from kissing the bug that she was puckering towards.

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

What kind of cloth diapers do you use? Those look kind of like my fuzzibunz. Cloth diapering is enough of a pain with all the laundry I have to do with one child and a nice washer and dryer. I could not imagine doing it with 2 kids by hand! You are such a trooper, truly suffering for the Lord.

Rich and Jen said...

Ha! That was the same exact question I had! Great minds think alike.