Monday, May 28, 2007

Family Weekend

We simply could not get the painters here when we were seriously ready for them, so guess how we spent our weekend? That's right, folks. Covered in paint. All four of us. We turned on the tunes and got busy. At one point, we took Tessa's crayons away and gave her a paintbrush (no paint) because she was trying to imitate us by coloring on the walls. Not helpful. An unloaded paintbrush never made anyone happier. Brush it girl, brush it!

I have to say I never thought I would be painting with a baby attached. Frankly, I had hoped my wall painting days were over, but I now realize such is not the case. Multi-tasking SuperMom Africa-style (well, true Africans would have the baby on the back). Jack was mesmerized by the roller brush, but I doubt I'll ever resort to this technique for quieting him when he fusses. You can see he was a pretty happy camper.

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I have a wrap that I am trying to learn to use to carry Katherine on my back. I like the idea of babywearing in theory but in practice it does not happen as often as I would like.