Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What's new with the Hills

It's been a while since I blogged because:
-We've been busily blessed with guests - one in Sept, and 2 in Oct. It was especially wonderful to host our good friends, Andy and Lyle from Denver. They got the real African treatment with days of no Internet, water, or electricity. But they also got to see almost all the African animals on their one-day safari. In Tanzania, guests are ALWAYS considered a blessing, and we've converted to that style of thinking.
-I was sick half of September with a cold and am now apparently shooting to be sick for half of October with a different cold.
-Our Internet has been insufficient to say the least.

Here's an update:
-My head has completely healed since the bump-removal surgery!
-Tessa is basically potty-trained except for diapers during sleep times!
-Jack has his first tooth and matching crankiness. My friend found it before I did, which gave me a "Bad Mom Moment." I'm over it though.
-We hoped we had entered rainy season, but I think we were wrong. It's been pretty dry.
-I'm having my first African dress made from African fabric in a local style for the office opening celebration. Photo to be posted later (if it's a winner). I'm a bit nervous.
-Dusty's extremely excited about the CO Rockies going to the World Series. That is an understatement. It would be impossible to describe how he feels. Especially since I am not him. He's really hoping the Internet will hold out so he can wake up at 3:30 in the mornings to listen to some games. Even I am happy for the Rockies, and that's impressive right there.

1 comment:

Rich and Jen said...

Don't feel bad about the tooth...it seems like that could be easy to miss; I dig around in Evie's mouth pretty often and it's hard to really tell anything. (But I'm pretty sure she's still a toothless wonder) :o)