Monday, August 27, 2007

Tanzanian Style

This is how Tanzanian women carry their children. Tessa has learned this art far better than I have. She and her friend Micaiah are fond of keeping their baby dollies close by. (lack of clothing waist down is due to our "go for broke - naked bottom week" potty training technique. See post below.)

I tried to carry Jack as Rose is doing here, but Jack seems to be happy in front or back, and I really didn't like it when I tried him on my back and he spit up down my spine. I think I'll just stick with my Baby Bjorn front carrier, even if Tanzanians think it is strange.

3 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I have a great back carrier called a patapum that I bought online. you can see pictures of Katherine in it on our Norway blog. I LOVE it! It is easy to get her into and very comfortable for her. The Africans would probably make fun of you using it too though.

BeBe said...

So great to see Tessa with her little friend in this post. I love that God granted her such a wonderful playmate! They look like they are going to have a lot of fun together and I also can see the hint of mischievous endeavors to come gleaming in their dancing eyes as well. Isn't childhood great!

Rich and Jen said...

You've been tagged--see my blog for details