Friday, August 17, 2007

Surprise Surgery

When we got to Nairobi, I went to the doctor's office just to have a sebaceous cyst checked out, and 2 hours later walked out of the hospital having undergone surgery! What a surprise - but I'm glad they were able to fit me into the OR and get it done. The doctor said it was infected but isn't worried about the lab results, the tissue seemed benign, and I only have 3 stitches, but it was quite an experience anyway. The worst part was having 2 minor accidents driving out of the hospital (yes, they let me drive myself) but even those turned out with barely any damage.

Tomorrow I've got to get Dusty to pull the stitches out, but it will be a long, long time till the hair regrows. I'm just happy the whole thing is over and that only a spy would know where to look to see where they implanted the super-hero chip in my cranium. Watch out world - here comes SuperKim, whose powers are yet to be seen!

2 comments:

Erin said...

This picture makes me cringe everytime I look at it! It looks so painful - and the hair loss is so sad, too! I hope the stitches came out okay... I can't wait to hear about those superpowers. Do you think they'll make potty training happen quicker and easier???

Rich and Jen said...

:o( I'm sorry, Kim!! That's no fun!