Friday, November 20, 2009

Photos from Kenya

This first picture was actually taken after we got back from Kenya. I was home with a cold and the kids, and they were desperate for action when I was desperate for rest. Relief came to all of us in the form of a rainstorm. I sent them out in their raincoats for some fun. They had a blast, and I did not mind cleaning them off with a hose as much as I thought I might. I'm sure they would beg to differ though!


One of the sweetest moments in Kenya, and in parenting too!


The kids encouraging Dusty to do a somersault. They succeeded.


I've recently been given a bird-watching book by our friend Patrick and have become an amateur bird-watcher. The Kakamega rain forest in Kenya is the perfect place for watching birds. Because the kids frequently want to get their grubby hands on my binoculars, I made them their own - fun for the whole family now!


A Sausage Tree! I guess these are just big seed pods, but the tree really is called a sausage tree for obvious reasons.


No comments: