Sunday, June 15, 2008

Walking and Reading

Jack began walking about 3 weeks ago on his 17 month birthday. It took him a long time to walk, but he got the hang of it fast. So fast that he is now comfortable wearing these wellies which are significantly larger than his feet. He kept trying to wear Tessa's frog wellies, so I pulled out thes old ones of Tessa.

He's also a book abuser. No, he doesn't abuse books; he abuses the person that he wants to read the book to him. He approaches Dusty or me and tries nicely to give us the book and sit on us. If we are otherwise occupied, then he will hit us with the book and start hollering and crying, until we cave or run away. If we read, then he's so happy, but if we leave, a real tantrum begins even if the hitting stops. Today he hit Tessa in the face with a book - ouch! But what can I say? He's a librarian's son.

1 comment:

Rich and Jen said...

Way to go, Jack! Evie is finally starting to pull up some. I'd say maybe by the time y'all get back they could be walking together, but your return date is fast approaching so I'm thinking she won't be there yet. I can't wait for them to get to interact though! :o)