Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Atrarat





The focus of our month here in the Hill House has been
getting rid of MICE. The mouse that wasn't stirring the night before
Christmas apparently had babies who have been scurrying around our
kitchen and bedroom leaving the fragrance and sight of mouse pee/poop
in their wake. Last night through my pillow I even heard one scratching
under our bed.

So after failed attempts with three kinds of
poison and a handmade mousetrap, a 12 year old shop keeper offered
mouse "glue" named Atrarat (how do you say that?) made in Italy. The
other side of the box is written in Arabic, as are MANY items sold
here, so I doubt this stuff makes it into many Italian restaurant
kitchens. Although we did get a gecko and a few bugs stuck in the glue,
we scored no mice. Have no fear: my hunter husband sent one to his
maker last night and another tonight. He dispatched the first by
slamming it between the dog's crate and the wall, and the second met
its fate from Dusty's moccasin. Three cheers for Dusty! Or at least two.

4 comments:

Rich and Jen said...

Ooooo, I'm shuddering! Under your bed?! 'Kay, that makes it official: I couldn't be a missionary in Africa! ;o) Way to go, Dusty!!

The Fanks said...

Be encouraged. Even if you weren't missionaries in Africa, you might still have mice. We do. I've been trying to kill them for months. At least one has died in our wall where we can't get to him. But I'm pretty sure his brothers and sisters are still happily playing games in the vent above our stove.

The Fanks said...

Fank Mouse Update: at least one more mouse has also died in our wall.

heartheldhigh said...

Bless your heart, I don't know how you are handling mice! Yea for Dusty! I'm so glad you have him to take care of things. I miss you and love seeing pictures of your precious family. I guess we are both getting ready for the cousins' third birthdays coming up. Jonathan's is just 10 days away, and Tessa's is just around the corner. How fast they grow! I can't wait to see you in the States :) Praying for you, Jillian