Sunday, December 23, 2007

Tidings of Comfort and Joy



I just wanted to share these two photos of our African Christmas. Here is Tessa honing her fine cookie-making skills. She wasn't too handy with cutting and decorating but got an A+ at licking.

And I finally got my act together and made our family stockings from scraps of fabrics I've used to make curtains, bedding, upholstery, etc. Both Tessa's and Jack's stockings are made with the fabrics I used to make their quilts. I think it will be fun many years from now to remember how I've used these fabrics through our house. Thanks to my Aunt Lynn and her sewing machine, our stockings also have our names!

Due to slim pickings on small gifts in these parts, our stockings will probably be kind of limp tomorrow morning, but I doubt Jack and Tessa will mind when they see all the presents under the tree. Plus, Tessa likes wearing hers as a hat, and we can probably use Jack's as a sleeping bag!

1 comment:

Rich and Jen said...

Those stockings are wonderful treasures!! Well done!